Why a Gathering
The gathering is a uniting feature of the Radius Network. It’s primary purpose is to bring communities and individuals journeying towards communities together in a way that is good and beneficial. More specifically, the vision of the gathering is to work in tandem with communities to provide a collective opportunity for encouragement and development of:
- The Gospel. The Gospel is regularly preached through teaching and individual stories in order to keep communities centered on what is most important. In addition, practices such as the Lord’s Supper and baptism are regularly a part of the gathering.
- The Love of God and Neighbor. Biblical teaching serves to simply start the conversation and allow communities to continue wrestling together. Collective singing and praying together reminds us that the Church is bigger than each individual community. The gathering also serves to rally multiple communities together in collective mission.
- Community. The gathering offers a space for those seeking community to meet those participating in community. Stories that are shared equip, affirm, and inspire other communities.
- Multiplication. Many people in Greenville understand the concept of the gathered Church, even if they don’t know and walk with God yet. The gathering allows participants within communities to meet people who are seeking to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
We gather to unite the network of communities to collectively worship our God and to remember that we are a part of something much greater.
Radius provides childcare for children 5th grade and younger during the Sunday Gathering. We currently have six classes:
- Nursery – babies age 0 to walking
- Toddlers – walking until children have turned 2
- 2K – age 2 (September to August calendar)
- 3K – age 3 (September to August calendar)
- 4K/5K – ages 4 & 5 (September to August calendar)
- Elementary – 1st through 5th graders (September to August calendar)
Trained volunteers spend time investing in children by playing, praying, and teaching the Word of God in an age-appropriate manner with the goal of partnering with families as they raise the next generation. All R-Kids volunteers are a part of a Radius Network church and have undergone a background check. When you arrive at Radius, please come to the R-Kids check-in table to sign in your children to R‑Kids.
It takes a team of more than 25 volunteers that serve in a variety of ways to pull off the Radius gathering each week. Serving at the gathering is a great way to get more involved, meet individuals that participate in a community, and see more of who we are. We are always looking for more volunteers to join our team! Contact us if you would like to explore opportunities to serve at the gathering with us.
Radius has a trained team of people that provide individual prayer sessions prior to the Gathering. Prayer sessions are always done with at least two other people, and typically occur during the hour prior to the Gathering at the Radius building.
If you’d like to receive prayer, please contact us, and you’ll be contacted with some dates and times to schedule your first session.
If you are new to Radius and are looking to learn more about who we are, Radius Intro is a great place to start. We host this informal, question and answer time the first Sunday of every month immediately following the gathering. We would love to see you there!